Data, Trigger and Event Selection
The following criteria was applied:
- Pass CDF multi-jet trigger and good run selection
- Veto events with reconstructed leptons to reduce ttbar background contribution and to ensure orthogonality with other Higgs searches.
- Events should have small missing transverse energy significance to reduce contribution from ttbar background.
- Selected events should have 4 or 5 jets with ET > 15 GeV
- The event SumEt (based on the sum of the transverse energy of the selected jets) must be greater than 220 GeV.
B-Tagged Event Selection
Two b-tagging algorithms are used:
and we consider two b-taggging combinations:
- Tight SecVtx (SecVtx)
- 1% JetProb (JetProb)
- SS exactly 2 jets are SecVtx tagged
- SJ exactly 1 jet is SecVtx tagged and exactly 1 jet is JetProb tagged
Signal Region for the Analysis
The signal region is define by the mass of the 2 b-tagged jets and the two untagged jets.
We define the signal region as:
- 75.0 < mbb < 175.0GeV/c2
- mqq > 50.0GeV/c2