You need to be able to log in to fcdfnis00.fnal.gov. When a user is added as a group manager, they are supposed to be granted permission. So if it's not working, you'll have to open a ticket with the Helpdesk to get it fixed, or reopen the old one explaining the problem.
- Get yourself a ticket (kinit), and ssh to the machine: ssh -l username fcdfnis00.fnal.gov
- Unsetup your current UPS/UPD environment:
- (sh) unset PRODUCTS
- (csh) unsetenv PRODUCTS
- Setup UPS, if it is not already when you log in. Source one of the scripts in /usr/local/etc/:
- (sh) . /usr/local/etc/setups.sh
- (csh) source /usr/local/etc/setups.csh
- Then setup systools: setup systools
- You can now run the available group management commands:
- addmember - add a member to a group
- delmember - delete someone
- grpmembers - list members of a specified group
- To run one of these commands, use 'cmd':
- cmd addmember bob
- cmd delmember bob
- cmd grpmembers bobsgroup
- If no errors were returned, everything should be working now. If not, you may need to open a helpdesk ticket.
If you need to add or remove a group manager, you will need to open a helpdesk ticket. Send mail to email@example.com, ask them to direct the query to the REX group, and give a list of who should be added/removed as managers
of which groups. Note that such changes are going to be subject to authorization, so if you want to save time you should forward you
r request to someone who can do this, and have them submit the helpdesk ticket.