Welcome to CDF!
To become a registered member of CDF, follow the steps below.
- Obtain a Fermilab ID via the WEB below or in person at
the Fermilab Users Office in Wilson Hall
- Request your computer account via the WEB:
- Read KB0010797
and follow the instructions for Visitors.
- Apply for a new computer account via the link provided
- Obtain a Services Account and if doing analysis, a Kerberos account principal
- Read the Fermilab Policy on Computing
- A CDF interactive login pool account and internal web password are created
- Complete basic security training via your
Individual Training Plan
- It takes a few days for account approval, then creation by the
Fermilab Service Desk.
- The Service Desk will contact you via the e-mail you provided
- New users wishing to do analyses must
follow up on their account request.
- AFTER your KERBEROS principal is setup, you may request a Windows
Fermi domain account with CDF privileges by filling out a
Service Desk Request
or send an e-mail to email@example.com. Necessary text is provided in the