Measurement of the Run-II J/psi Inclusive Cross-section
Slawomir Tkaczyk, Ting Miao, Dmitri Litvintsev,
Jonathan Lewis, Mary Bishai
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
Argonne National Laboratory
University of Illinois
University of Pittsburgh
A description of our analysis and supporting documentation can be found in
- Measurement of the Run II Inclusive J/psi Cross-section, CDF note
- Run II Level 1 Low pT Muon Trigger Efficiency Measurement, CDF note 6162.
- Measurement of relative L3/Offline tracking efficiency, CDF note 6144.
- Efficiency of Momentum Dependent Muon Matching Cut, CDF note 6114.
- Muon-Reconstruction Efficiency for Winter 2003 Conferences, CDF note 6347.
- Measurement of the Track Reconstruction Efficiency in the COT Using a MC Track Embedding Technique, CDF note 6394.
A summary of the blessed results and plots can be found here.
B-Group preblessing talk (PDF) 1/30/2003
B-Group blessing talk I (PDF) 2/13/2003
B-Group blessing talk II (PDF) 3/27/2003
The changes are detailed here :
J/psi mtg Q&A post blessing (PDF)
- The integrated J/psi cross-section in the range 0-0.25 GeV/c
has been recalculated with improved modeling of the acceptance. The value
of the cross-section in this range is now 9.1 nb/GeV/c ( was 7.2 nb/GeV/c at blessing). The corresponding
change in the total cross-section since blessing is +1%.
- A 30%
systematic uncertainty on the modeling of the acceptance in the range
0-0.25 GeV/c has been assigned. This uncertainty was
underestimated at blessing (3%).
- The systematic error
on the total cross-section is a direct sum of the systematic errors on
the cross-section measured in each pt range. The correlated uncertainty
and pt independent reconstruction efficiencies is then added in quadrature.
- The correlated systematic uncertainty on the cross-section using the
blessed luminosity, blessed CMU reconstruction
efficiency and preblessed COT tracking efficiency is now +6.5%
-6.7% (was +/- 6.1%).
- The total crossection with updated systematic uncertainty is now
240+/-1(stat)+35-28(syst) ( was 239.2+/-1.5(stat) +33.9-27.3 nb at blessing)
Fri Feb 28 20:52:05 CST 2003