Observation and Properties of the X(3872) at CDF
- Fall 2005: Fit dipion mass spectrum with Relativistic Breit-Wigner with Blatt-Weiskopf form factors.
Both S- and P-wave decays can describe data.
- Summer 2005: Observe
X(3872) → J/ψππ in challenging J/ψ →e+e- mode
- Spring 2005: Dipion mass spectrum for X(3872) → J/ψππ decay is obtained.
Simple Breit-Wigner fit of X→ J/ψρ Preferred.
- Summer 2004: The Production Fractions of the X-sample
from b-hadron decays via the apparent "X-lifetime."
- Dec 4, 2003: PRL submitted with final mass measurement [PRL 93, 072001 (2004)].
- Sept 2003: CDF provided the first confirmation of Belle's discovery
of a narrow state, the X(3872), decaying into J/ψππ
at the Fermilab Quarkonium Workshop on Sept 20.
- Measurement of the Dipion Mass Spectrum
in X(3872) → J/ψ π π Decay [360 pb-1]:
- The Submission to PRL [hep-ex/0512074]
- Below are the eps versions of figures and eps and tex files with tables meant for downloads,
and some brief descriptions.
- A sample of 360 pb-1 is used in this analysis. The resulting J/ψππ mass
distribution is shown in:
- The sample is divided into M(PiPi) "slices" and the J/ψππ mass distribution
is fit for X(3872) signal.
- Yields are corrected for detector and selection efficiencies:
- The ψ(2S) serves as a good control sample:
- Efficiency corrected DiPion Mass Spectrum for X(3872) fit to various models:
-- QCD multipole expansion model for C-odd charmonia
-- Relativistic Briet-Wigner model of J/ψρ for C-even states (charmonia or not)
- Introduce effects of ρ>-ω Interference into J/ψρ Fit Model:
- Study the sensitivity of the L=1 fits on various model parameters: