Analysis of the quantum numbers of the X(3872)
On this web page we present the constraints on the quantum numbers spin,
parity and charge parity of the X(3872) state derived from the
measurement of angular distributions.
The results were blessed in the B Physics Meeting on March 16, 2006 and
are published in:
Our measurement shows that only the hypotheses
JPC = 1++ and 2-+
are compatible with data. All other considered JPC assupmtions
are ruled out by more than three standard deviations (99.7% CL).
The analysis is summarized in more detail in
CDF note 8201.
The following tables and figures are available for download:
In addition the following figures may be used for illustrational purposes:
- Figure 1 (png): J/ψππ mass spectrum, wide range with ψ(2S) and X peak
- Figure 2 (png): J/ψππ mass spectrum, narrow range with X peak only
- Figure 7a (gif), 7b (gif), 7c (gif), 7d (gif): Impact of detector effects and selection cuts on the angular distributions for the 1++ hypothesis
- Figure 8a (gif), 8b (gif), 8c (gif), 8d (gif): Impact of detector effects and selection cuts on the angular distributions for the 1-- hypothesis
- Figure 9a (png), 9b (png): Mass fits in bins of three dimensional angular distribution
- Figure 10 (png): Angular distribution of the X(3872) compared to predictions
- Figure 11 (png): Angular distribution of the ψ(2S) compared to predictions
- Figure 12 (png): Systematic checks for the X(3872)
- Figure 13 (png): Systematic checks for the ψ(2S)