Tom Junk's CDF Web Page
Fermi office: Trailer 163-J
Phone: +1 (630) 840-3072
Curriculum Vitae (January 2012)
Statistics Code and Documentation
mclimit_csm.C: Production Version, with release notes, documentation, and examples
Talks and Presentations, 2008 -- 2014
- TRISEP 2014 lectures on statistics and Higgs boson measurements (four lectures and
- Measurement and Discovery Techniques in Experimental Particle Physics pdf slides and
pptx slides. Presentation given March 5, 2014, at the Conference on Data Analysis in Santa Fe, NM.
- Higgs Boson Studies at the Tevatron in Run II pdf slides Presentation given April 14, 2013, at
the APS April Meeting.
- The Tevatron's Legacy: Some Selected Measurements pdf slides Presentation given April 14, 2013, at
the APS April Meeting.
- Measurement and Discovery at the Tevatron pdf slides. Presentation given to the
Society of Physics Students at the University of Colorado, Denver, Auraria campus, April 13, 2013
- Fermilab Joint Experimental Theoretical Physics Seminar, January 18, 2013
Final combination of CDF's Higgs Searches in the Standard Model and Extensions pdf and
- Statistics Lectures for the University of DØ, 2012
- Statistics Lectures at the Hadron Collider Physics
Summer School, August 6-17, 2012, Fermilab
- Progress on Statistical Issues in Searches -- SLAC, June 5, 2012
- Statistics Lectures at ETH Zürich, January 30 -- Feb. 3, 2012
- Tevatron Results Lectures at the LHC PhenoNet 2012 Winter School, January 22-29, 2012 in Ascona, Switzerland
- Tevatron Higgs Combination (pdf) Brookhaven Higgs Cross Section Workshop, May 6, 2011
- PHYSTAT 2011: Banff Challenge 2 Results (pdf) January 18, 2011
- Argonne National Laboratory: Searches for the Standard Model Higgs
Boson at the Tevatron, October 19, 2010 (pdf)
- University of Maryland/Johns Hopkins University, Searches for the Standard Model Higgs
Boson at the Tevatron, October 13, 2010 (pdf)
- Higgs Hunting 2010 Orsay Experimental Summary Talk (PDF) (pptx)
- Higgs Hunting 2010 Orsay Tevatron Combination Talk (PDF)
- Banff BIRS workshop on
Statistical issues relevant to significance of discovery claims (10w5068)
- Notre Dame seminar on Tevatron Higgs boson searches in the WW decay mode, March 30, 2010
- TRIUMF Summer Institute Statistics Lectures, July 2009
- Day 1. Introduction, Probability, and Gaussian Approximations PDF.
- Day 2. Hypothesis Testing and Confidence Intervals PDF.
- Day 3. Bayesian Inference PDF.
- CERN Seminar on CDF, D0 and Combined Standard Model Higgs boson Searches,
June 23, 2009 PDF.
- Seminar on Statistical Issues at the Tevatron and LHC -- TeV4LHC forum, The Cosener's House,
May 7-8, 2009 PDF
- Seminar on CDF's SM Higgs boson searches, University of Glasgow, May 6, 2009
- Higgs Theory Mini-Review, CMS JTERM School, Fermilab, January 15, 2009.
- ICHEP 2008 Presentation on CDF and D0 single top production
cross section measurements. July 30, 2008. PDF.
Also available are the proceedings.
- Single Top Joint Experimental and Theoretical Physics Seminar
("Wine and Cheese") on Measurement of the Single Top Cross Section at
CDF. March 28, 2008 PDF.
Banff Challenge 2 Problems and Data Files
Submitted Results and Summary Document